It’s time to look back at our top 10 most popular stories of 2012—the stories that our readers liked and shared the most in 2012. The stories were selected according to the Web and social media traffic they received throughout the year.
1. Sturgis Biker Girls – Photos From Sturgis 2012—This story was part of our extensive photo coverage of Sturgis 2012. Hot girls in chaps are an important part of motorcycle culture, and a hot topic—the hottest in 2012.
2. Sturgis 2012 Legends Ride Photos—Yet another Sturgis 2012 photo story about the 2012 43-mile ride through the beautiful Black Hills to the Legendary Buffalo Chip campground.
3. The Licensed Limited Edition SOA Motorcycles Now Available—A while ago there was a news story about Bartels’ Harley-Davidson dealership striking a deal with FX to produce 100 limited edition Sons of Anarchy Harley motorcycles. In this post, I showed you bikes: all of them pre-owned 2010 Harley-Davidson Street Bobs.
4. Video: Harley-Davidson Rat Bike Chopper Smokes Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade – 3 Times—My favorite. A drag race video from Holland, in which a Harley rat-bike smokes three times in a row a 170 hp+ Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade.
5. Ducati 1199 Panigale – World’s Most Powerful Production Twin-Cylinder Engine—Our presentation of Ducati 1199 Panigale. Its engine, the new Superquadro, is claimed to be the most powerful production twin-cylinder—generating 195 horsepower at 10,750 rpm and 98.1 lb-ft torque at 9000 rpm.
6. 2013 Harley-Davidson Lineup – Overview—Last year, Harley-Davidson celebrates its 110th year anniversary as a motorcycle manufacturer. The company honored the occasion with special 110th anniversary editions of seven of its standard models and three CVO models.
7. Three Playboy Playmates Compete for the Cover of Victory’s New Brochure—Playboy and Victory Motorcycles came up with a marketing campaign in which three Playboy Playmates compete for the cover of Victory’s new brochure.
8. David Beckham’s Garage Company Custom Bike – Great Unfinished Look—David Beckham’s Super Vintage 93″ Knuckle is custom bike built by motorcycle builder in California. The project took one year to finish.
9. Hot Biker Girl Riding a Red Sport Bike—This photo of a hot chick on a sport bike caused quite a stir. Maybe because the girl looked too hot to be real.
10. Harley-Davidson Releases Two Additional 2012 Models—This was a post about a brochure that leaked out in forums and blogs showing two new Harley-Davidson models that were set for release on February 10, 2012. Our first glimpse of Sportster Seventy-Two and Softail Slim.