My favorite definition of a motorcycle burnout is “the best way to ruin your tires.” Some stunt riders even prefer to add some fire to the spinning tire—it’s hard to set the tire on fire if you don’t help it with a flammable substance or flaming object. Watch these entertaining stunt videos—the last one teaches you how to do a burnout wearing sandals.
Here’s how stunt riders do a burnout:
- Change the rear tire of the bike with a worn out one.
- Turn on the ignition and wait for the engine to get to normal operating temperature
- Lock the front brake and don’t let go till the stunt is over
- Pull in the clutch lever and put in first gear
- Rev the engine to about 8000 rpm.
- Release the clutch and you have a burnout.