A single-owner collection of 100 valuable vintage Ducati motorcycles is auctioned without reserve prices at the Grimaldi Forum, Monaco, May 10-12. The current owner of the collection is Carlo Saltarelli, an ex-Ducati factory test rider, racer, and dealer. Saltarelli have collected Ducati bikes for the past 30 years. The collection offers many significant pieces, but the highlight, the bike expected to attract the most attention by collectors, is the 1970 Ex-Works Ducati 450 Desmo Corsa, a motorcycle prominently featured in the Ducati Museum in Bologna, Italy. You can bid for the Ducati’s at RM Auctions site.
Another important bike from this collection is a 1990 Ex-Works Ducati 888 SBK ridden by road racer Giancarlo Falappa. The collection also includes a lot of 1970’s 750SS race bikes including an ex-factory 1973/4 Ducati 750SS, Race Number 1, ridden in 1975 by Franco Uncini and a legendary 1974 Ducati 750SS, Race Number 23—a bike that won many victories between 1974 and 1975.
Other important bikes from Carlo Saltarelli’s private collection:
- 1979 Ducati 860 Mike Hailwood Replica Series 1, an original, un-restored, Series 1 Mike Hailwood Replica in good condition;
- 1956 Ducati 125 Moto Giro F3, an original race bike in perfect original condition;
- 1973 Ducati 450 Desmo Scrambler, an original, un-restored Desmo Scrambler in yellow finish;
- 2000 Ducati 900MHE, previously displayed at the Ducati factory;
- 1997 Ex Team Gio.Ca.Moto Ducati 748R, a stunning ex-Team Gio.Ca.Moto racing 748 in yellow livery; and
- 1970 Ducati 250 Desmo Silver Shotgun, previously restored