This summer we showed you the 2012 Harley-Davidson lineup that included the 2012 Harley-Davidson Dyna Switchback—“two bikes in one with no compromises.” Let’s have a closer look into this Harley convertible.
The new Dyna Switchback has detachable hard saddlebags and a detachable windshield. With the saddlebags and windshield in place, the Switchback is a custom touring Harley. Remove the saddlebags and windshield, and the Switchback turns into a custom street cruiser. The conversion can be done in seconds without the help of tools.
With its 718 pounds, the Switchback is the lightest custom touring motorcycle—94 pounds lighter than a Harley-Davidson Road King. The low-profile front tire, new front-end, and premium suspension all makes for a comfortable ride and responsive handling. “A demo ride will reveal that Switchback is a capable touring motorcycle that’s also really fun to ride,” says Switchback Project Lead Engineer Brian Scherbarth.
Check out the 2012 Harley Switchback video reviews and photos below.
2012 Harley-Davidson Dyna Switchback Features:
- Twin Cam 103™ engine with 103-cid (1690cc), rubber-mounted within the frame, is rated at 100 ft. lbs. of torque at 3500 RPM. The engine is equipped with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) and is mated to a 6-speed Cruise Drive® transmission.
- 2-into-1 chrome exhaust with straight-cut muffler tuned for a deep exhaust tone.
- Advanced suspension is tuned for comfort and precise handling. Nitrogen-charged, monotube rear shocks have preload-adjustable, dual rate springs. A 41.3mm front fork with a 20mm cartridge delivers enhanced damping performance, handling and ride comfort.
- Low-profile Dunlop® 130/70B18 front tire and specific front-end geometry reduces steering effort, enhanced steering response and confident low-speed maneuvering.
- Color-matched detachable hard saddlebags have a combined luggage capacity of 30 pounds. The saddlebag locks are common to the ignition key, and external latches do not interfere with packing or reduce usable bag volume.
- Quick-detach, fork-mounted windshield.
- The Black, 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum wheels have machine-highlighted rims; 18-inch front, 17-inch rear.
- Full-coverage front and rear fenders.
- Chrome headlamp nacelle.
- Chrome fork covers and chrome rear shock covers.
- Chrome tank console with integrated ignition switch.
- Classic black battery box cover.
- Full-length rider footboards.
- The one-piece, two-up seat features custom stitched detail. Seat height (laden) is 26.1 inches. Its narrow cross section enables flat-foot stops for most riders.
- Security Package Option bundles Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Smart Security System with proximity-based, hands-free security fob.
- Stainless steel, mini ape-hanger handlebar on pull-back riser.
- 4.7-gallon fuel tank.